I don't know about you but a fresh out of the oven warm and gooey cookie, it brings back memories!
Like a plate of warm cookies waiting for me after the first day of school or a Sunday afternoon baking with mom. That's what I think of whenever I bake up a batch of these Wholesome Chocolate Chip Cookies!
And they're so easy to make! A few simple yet hearty ingredients and a few healthy swaps and viola, you've got yourself a tasty cookie treat!
Because I'm a big believer that all foods fit, whether it's your favorite cookie or other fun dessert. And sometimes with a few healthy swaps you can enjoy that fun more often without sacrificing your health and weight loss goals.
So here’s to keeping a traditional cookie favorite deliciously baking in the oven!
• 1 1/4 C whole wheat flour (or gluten free sub)
• 1 C oatmeal
• 1 egg
• 1/2 C honey
• 1/3 C butter, softened
• 1 tsp.
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 1/2 C chocolate chips (or carob chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to blend the egg, softened butter, honey, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in 1/2 C flour at a time to blend.
4. Next add 1 C oatmeal and stir well.
5. Lastly add 1 & 1/2 C chocolate chips, stir until dough is well combined (dough will be thick).
6. Scoop dough by large spoonful onto cookie sheet, mold into desired shape as needed.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute before removing to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days or freeze to pop one or two out and enjoy whenever the craving strikes!
Eat and Enjoy!
Want more Eat Better Recipes?
Sign up for Coach Mindy’s weekly email and never miss a thing!
I'll drop in your inbox weekly with Eat Better Recipes and exclusive Food and Fitness Tips to help you eat better, think better and feel your best!