Updated: Apr 22
These amazing Wholesome Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect anytime treat with just the right amount of sweet and loaded wholesome ingredients I can have my cookie and eat it too! From the easy to make batter to their delectable scent filling the room while they bake to that first fresh from the oven ooey gooey warm cookie bite… it is just cookie bliss!
Listen embracing healthier eating doesn't mean you have to give up on those fun food favorites, and for anyone with kiddos at home you know how that chocolate chip cookie dipped in a mug of cold milk is just the best thing ever! So here’s to keeping a traditional cookie fav alive in a delightfully healthy way!
• 1 & 1/4 C whole wheat flour (or gluten free sub)
• 1 C oats
• 1 egg
• 1/2 C honey
• 1/3 C butter, softened (or sub with 1 banana)
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 & 1/2 C chocolate chips (or carob chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to blend the egg, softened butter, honey, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in 1/2 C flour at a time to blend.
4. Next add 1 C oats and stir well.
5. Lastly add 1 & 1/2 C chocolate chips, stir until dough is well combined (dough will be thick).
6. Scoop dough by large spoonful onto cookie sheet, mold into desired shape as needed.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool on the sheet for 1 minute before placing on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Eat and Enjoy!