Updated: Oct 2
These amazing Wholesome Chocolate Chip Cookies make me forget I am actually eating clean with a list of wholesome ingredients and just the right amount of sweetness I am in heaven! From the easy to make batter to their delectable scent filling the room while they bake to that first fresh from the oven ooey gooey warm cookie bite… it is just cookie bliss!
Listen eating clean shouldn’t mean you have to give up on those fun favorites, and for anyone with kiddos at home you know how that chocolate chip cookie dipped in a mug of cold milk at the end of a long day is like the best thing ever! So here’s to keeping a traditional cookie fav alive in a delightful guilt free way!
• 1 1/4 C whole wheat flour (or gluten free sub)
• 1 C oatmeal
• 1 egg
• 1/2 C honey
• 1/3 C butter, softened
• 1 tsp.
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1 1/2 C chocolate chips (or carob chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium size mixing bowl use a hand mixer to blend the egg, softened butter, honey, vanilla, and baking soda until smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in 1/2 C flour at a time to blend.
4. Next add 1 C oatmeal and stir well.
5. Lastly add 1 & 1/2 C chocolate chips, stir until dough is well combined (dough will be thick).
6. Scoop dough by large spoonful onto cookie sheet, mold into desired shape as needed.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 1 minute before removing to cool on a cooling rack.
9. Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days or freeze to pop one or two out and enjoy whenever the craving strikes!
Eat and Enjoy!